Coach hunt is on

Coach hunt is on

THE search for a new Ocean Grove senior coach is on after Grubber Shane Jack resigned from the role last week.
Jack, 34, who had been contemplating his coaching future throughout July for next season, informed the playing group after Ocean Grove’s 53-point loss to Queenscliff on Saturday August 2.
The former Werribee Tigers and Geelong West GFL-listed player, said the increased demands of his coaching role, full-time work and raising a young family were the reasons behind the move.
Jack will continue to coach Ocean Grove for the remainder of the 2014 season.
“I had thought about it for the last two or three weeks and came to the decision with the family and the wife to inform the club (last) Friday that I won’t be going on next season,” Jack told the Voice on Saturday.
“The job of coaching a club has gone out to (a) 10 to 11 month (process) of the year just to coach and I was unsure about coaching next year.
“If I am not 100 per cent committed I did not think it was right by me to continue on. Hopefully we can get someone straight into the club to carry on for next year.”
Jack who turns 35 in October and has coached Ocean Grove for the last two seasons, is unsure if he will play on in 2015.
Jack has coached Ocean Grove to its first senior finals win since 2008 after last season’s elimination final where the Grubbers defeated Torquay in a thriller by three points at Portarlington.
The Grubbers remain in third spot on the ladder this season with two rounds left to play in the home and away season and are assured of a finals berth, but need to win their remaining two games to guarantee the double chance.

Post a Comment

Your email is never shared.